2.05.2012

A Weekend in NYC

Hello everyone! It's been a long and eventful weekend! On Friday Caitlin and I went over to Queens for a party at Geneve's friend's house. It was a very chill get-together but fun nevertheless. We slept over Geneve's that night and in the morning we proceeded to Soho for a little shopping! Places we went to included Brandy Melville, MAC, H&M, Topshop, Dean and Deluca, and Sephora. Dean and Deluca was filled with so much yummy food! Caitlin and I kept sneaking samples from bread to cookies, delicious! In H&M, I managed to cross something off my previously posted shopping list: a denim button-up shirt! I also found leather leggings/pants, that's included in the list too, but I was too stupid and talked myself out of getting them! Don't worry though I plan in going back in the near future and buying them! Hopefully they'll still have it! After H&M, we found ourselves in Sephora for hours on end. Caitlin bought a Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge after my recommendation and I ended up with a Makeup Forever lipstick. I was looking for a peachy-pink lipstick (after watching Breakfast at Tiffany's in English class, I've been obsessing over Audrey Hepburn's makeup as Holly Golightly) and the salesperson recommended an almost perfect dupe. It is a lot more vibrant, but when dabbed and blended on the lips, the effect is so chic.
Anyway, it's Sunday now, and it's been a very chill day compared to Friday and Saturday. I'm in the midst of starting my drawing homework so expect a sketch and song (I like to listen to music while I draw) soonish!
xxxMar

No comments:

Post a Comment